The International Seminar "Quarks-2018" will take place in Valday, a small town near Velikiy Novgorod, Russia, from May 27 to June 2, 2018. Accommodation of the participants and conference meetings will be organised in the hotel "Valday" on the shore of Lake Uzhin, two hours away by fast train from either Moscow or St. Petersburg. We plan to reserve time to visit the ancient city of Velikiy Novgorod with a guided tour around its Kremlin and historic monuments.
"Quarks-2018" is the jubilee twentieth in the series of seminars taking place biennially since 1980 in various historical and cultural places of Russia. The previous seminar, "Quarks-2016", was held in Pushkin, its proceedings are available in EPJ WoC.
This year the Seminar is co-organized by the Institute for Nuclear Research of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Moscow) and Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (Dubna).
Despite the Seminar's traditional name, the program of "Quarks-2018" is fairly broad, it includes plenary sessions, section meetings and informal discussions on
- physics beyond the Standard Model (rare processes, Higgs phenomenology, exotica);
- cosmology and astroparticle physics;
- gravity and its modifications;
- neutrino physics;
- quantum chromodynamics, strong interactions;
- aspects of mathematical physics;
- selected experimental results.
Besides, this year we expect heated discussions on selected topics, such as
- axion-like and ultra-light dark matter;
- astrophysics with gravitational waves;
- AdS/CFT phenomenology;
- anomalies in the LHC data;
- Lorentz and NEC violation, ghosts, etc.
We expect about 180 physicists to participate in the Seminar.
Generally, we will be unable to take care of travel and local expenses of the participants. However, we will apply for funds and hope to cover local expenses to a limited number of people.
More information is available via e-mail.